I hope you had a Merry Christmas and that you have a wonderful 2008. The best way I know how to start the New Year off, by saving money $$.
If you bought a home in Columbia County, Florida (Lake City) and it is your main residents, you can save paying taxes on approx. $25,000 of the amount that you are taxed on, if you have not applied for Homestead on it before.
The Property Appraisers Office let you apply for this from January until March, 2008. For any questions, please call them.
How can you do this? It s easy, Take the following information to the Property Appraisers Office:
1. Driver Lic. of both spouses.
2. Voter Registration card (if you have one).
3. Your vehicle registrations.
4. Your Social Security Number.
5. Any other questions, please call the Property Appraisers Office.
Bruce Dicks, e-PRO, Realtor
Coldwell Banker Bishop Realty